Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sunday Blessings Link-up

I'm sure I'm not alone in finding it extra special to spend a little time counting my blessings this week, so I'm linking up with Kaity at (Bee)autiful Blessings for a dose of Sunday Blessings.



1.  As I said a few weeks ago I finally landed some short-tern employment. While it's by no means a glamorous or meaningful position, I am earning my own money again. It may sound materialistic, but the ability to make my own money and buy things I need and want with money that I have earned is very rewarding for me. Since I was 18 I've been working and providing for myself so the past two years of unemployment and having to rely on J's income for everything has been a huge struggle for me. More than anything though, I'm so happy to be able to buy gifts for J with my own money. I always feel a little dumb buying him presents with his own money and it feels so good to truly be able to give him something from me.

2.  Along with the making my own money thing, having a job enabled me to purchase a brand-spankin'-new laptop! Since I do all of my work on the computer having one that functions is pretty important, not to mention so much of every day life takes place around the computer, and I'm toying with the idea of going to grad school when we move. So the fact that neither of the two computers we had functioned properly or consistently was a drag and a source of constant frustration. I got myself a shiny new MacBook and I'm in love.

Isn't she pretty!?

3.  A few weeks ago I randomly won tickets to a San Diego Chargers game so J and I got up early today to                             drive through the crazy traffic to the game. We got there about an hour and half before the gates even opened. I was grumpy because I was tried, and we hadn't planned ahead and brought anything for tailgating, and because I didn't want to have to just sit in the cold for the two and half hours before the game. Basically I was just miserable for no good reason. J just treated me lovingly and waited for me to get over myself and enjoy the day. I admit that pretty often I'm not an easy person to be married to and J continually loves me and supports me even when it's not easy to do. 

4.  This may sound weird, but I'm really thankful that J and I will just be staying home in Cali spending Christmas together by ourselves. I love my family and I love my in-laws, but sometimes it's overwhelming to be around them. I understand this, because they don't get to see him often, but when we're with J's family they just swarm him and I just miss him the whole time we're there. I can be pretty selfish and jealous when it comes to my hubby and I don't like to share him, especially on Christmas. It's nice to just be able to be together on Christmas this year and not have to worry about anyone else...for most of the day anyway...

5.  J and I have decided to open our home to some of the young enlisted guys who will be here alone on Christmas, assuming there are some and they want to come. I can't imagine being 18 or 19 years old and not being able to be with people I love on Christmas, having to spend the day alone in the barracks. Because God has blessed J and I with each other and with a place to live and plenty to eat we decided to pass some of that on to some of these guys and girls who will be unable to travel home to their families this year. Pray that God brings some people into our lives to bless in this way and that He will work through the time we spend and the relationships we build with these young people.

Anyway, these are just a few small ways that I've been blessed this week. I hope you all have a fantastic week!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Stuckerts but I always feel the same way when we visit there- I miss and want my husband for myself! Lol We're staying in Pitt this year, too. No Ohio or Cato for us.

    ReplyDelete